Join the The Major DNA Project
Surnames in this Project: The Major DNA Project is open to any male with any of the listed surnames and to any male with a variant surname. Participants are sought from all parts of the USA, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Oceania and anywhere else the surname may be found.
- 12 markers: Recommended only if you are trying to disprove a possible common ancestor or are primarily interested in your ancient ancestry (haplogroup).
- 25 markers: Sufficient to confirm solid paper trails, but 37 markers is preferred in order to assist others in the project who do not have solid paper trails.
- 37 markers: Recommended for those with unproven paper trails and for those trying to break through the proverbial brick wall.
- 67 markers: Recommended for those for whom the 37 marker test is recommended, if you can afford it. It improves upon the 37 marker test by providing more insight as to whether an unknown common ancestor is in the relatively near or more distant past. It is also more helpful in identifying specific branches of a lineage.
- 12 marker test is $99.
- 25 marker test is $124.
- 37 marker test is $149.
- 67 marker test is $248.
- Add $4 for postage ($6 international).
- You can upgrade at anytime in steps or all at once, although the overall cost is somewhat more than if you had ordered the desired level in the first place. No new sample is required.