The ultimate purpose of this page is to discuss our DNA results.
- Feel free to discuss this project on the Hogg Family Forum
- Respond to a topic
- Start a new topic
- Post your pedigree for review by administrator and others for comment
- Click here to place an order for a DNA test at Family Tree DNA
Participating in a Surname DNA Project provides:
- A report on the participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to the earliest known ancestor
- A classification of the participant's "deep" ancestry, which gives insight into the prehistoric origins of your surname ancestors
- A sense of camaraderie with all who participate in the Family Project, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
- Stimulation to family research and sharing of information
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of the Surname and the Variant Spellings
- Locates the genetic matches that do not share your common surname