Joseph and Alice Gallion immigrated to what is now Hartford Co., MD in 1664. He was born about 1635 in London, Middlesex, England and died after about 1797 in Baltimore, MD. Most of the families with the Gallion and varient spellings of the surname are assumed to be descended from Joseph and Alice.
The ultimate purpose of this page is to discuss our DNA results.
- Feel free to discuss this project on the Gallion Family Forum
- Click here to place an order for a DNA test at Family Tree DNA
Participating in a Surname DNA Project provides:
- A report on the participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to the earliest known ancestor
- A classification of the participant's "deep" ancestry, which gives insight into the prehistoric origins of your surname ancestors
- A sense of camaraderie with all who participate in the Family Project, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
- Stimulation to family research and sharing of information
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of the Surname and the Variant Spellings
- Locates the genetic matches that do not share your common surname