The ultimate purpose of this page is to discuss our DNA results.
- An example of what this page will look like over time is the Hodges DNA Project Discussion Page
- Feel free to discuss this project on the Fortier Surname DNA Project Family Forum (link in menu bar across top of project page)
- Click here to order a DNA test in the Fortier Surname DNA Project project.
Participating in a Surname DNA Project provides:
- A report on the participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to the earliest known ancestor
- A classification of the participant's "deep" ancestry, which gives insight into the prehistoric origins of your surname ancestors
- A sense of camaraderie with all who participate in the Family Project, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
- Stimulation to family research and sharing of information
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of the Surname and the Spelling variations
- Locates the genetic matches that do not share your common surname