We will list all Families, by Earliest Ancestor and Line Leaders who wish to be listed. We hope that eventually, all families will be listed on this page. We also hope to eventually locate descendants of each family and to arrange their participation in the DNA project. (Participation in the DNA Project is not a requirement for listing on this page, but we will indicate families who have a man representing them in the DNA Project .)
Exley, Oechsle, Öchsle, Oechsley, Oechslin, Oexlin
1. Martin Oechsle/Oexlin, d abt 1570 Ballendorf, near Ulm, Germany - E-1, E-4, E-6, E-8; 2. Hanns Oechslin b abt 1535; 3. Martin Oechslin b 1562, Ballendorf, m Catharina Mercklin; 4. Hanns the Younger b 1586, Ballendorf - E-1, E-4, E-6, E-8, 4. Georg, 4. Katharina, 4. Jacob, 4. Vitus (Veit), 4. Jacob, 4. Martin; 5. Hanns Oechslin b 1586, blacksmith in Pfuhl; 6. Johannes b 1645 in Pfuhl, blacksmith in Riedheim & Reidhausen; 7. Michael b 1678, blacksmith & riding servant in Niederstotzingen
8. Christian Oechslin/Oechsle b 1 Nov 1718, Niederstotzingen near Ulm; m Angelica Heck; emigrated 1751 and settled in Bethany District of Ebenezer, GA
9. John Michael Oechsle/Exley d 1813 in Effingham County, GA; m 1st Catharina Michler, a son 10. John b abt 1791; m 2nd Elizabeth Groover, sons: 10. Solomon b 1795 E-6, E-8, 10. Luke b 1797, 10. Jacob b 1800 - E-1, E-4, 10. Zacheus b 1802
1. Gottfried OECHSLE (Godfrey Exley) b 18 Jun 1789 in Langenberg, Kingdom of Wuerttemberg, Germany E-2; d 29 Jun 1863, Beaver Township, Clarion County, PA; m. Maria "Mary" Schneider in Germany; emigrated to Pennsylvania and settled in Clarion County
2. Children: Barbara Rosina (Rose Ann) Oechsle/Exley b 1817, Gottlieb John Oechsle/Exley b 1820, Maria b 1821, Gottfried "Godfrey" Jr b 1822, Christiana "Christine" b 1826, John George b 1827, Jacob b 1828, Friedrich b 1829, Christian Gottlieb b 1831, Thomas b 1834, Sarah b abt 1836
1. August OECHSLE (Oechsley/Exley) b 1840 in Murrhardt, Bachnang District, Wuerttemberg, Germany - E-3; settled in Sullivan County, PA; d. 3 June 1889 Dushore, Sullivan County, PA; m Oct 1846 Caroline L. (Heticher) Schuster; Henry Charles Oechsley and four other sons
2. Heinrich Karl OECHSLE ( Henry Charles Oechsley/Exley) b 21 Nov 1870, Murrhardt, Wuerttemberg, Germany; d 27 Dec 1939, Mildred, PA; m 4 Jul 1892 Mertie Cecelia Potter b 2 Jul 1876
3. Children: Gordon Rudolphus (Sr) b 1893, Leo Francis b 1895, Cecelia May b 1898, Albert James b 1902, Caroline Louise b 1905
1. Joseph Exley I b 1756 in Rawdon, Yorkshire, England - E-9; m Hannah Smith
2. Joseph Exley II b 1780 in Apperly Bridge, Yorkshire, England; m Jane Richardson; children - Joseph b 1816, Harmon b 1818, John b 1819, Thomas b 1820, Sara Elizabeth b 1824
3. John b 1819, m Elizabeth Charnock b 1820, 4. John b 1855, Yorkshire, m Hannah E. Boulton b 1861
3. Thomas Exley b 1820 in Apperly Bridge, Yorkshire, England; emigrated to U. S. abt 1840 & settled in Iowa - E-9; m 1844 Cynthia Laffoon; their children - Joseph b 1852, Hardin b 1854, Rebecca, Mary Ann, Sanford b 1859, Cora, Linnie, Charles b 1870
Patriarch: John Exley, d 1800, Savannah, GA; m Mary Wooten
Version One (Traditional)
1. John Exley b c London, England d c1800 Savannah, GA m Mary Wooton - hoynest [hoynest AT bellsouth.net]
2. John William Exley b 10 Oct 1795 d 22 Sep 1855 m Eliza Margaret Mallette
3. Marquis Lafayette Exley b 19 Jun 1845 d 1 Mar 1918 m Emma Naomi Grovenstein
4. Ida Florence Exley b 1888 d Jun 1893 Savannah, GA m Thomas Maxwell Hoynes
1. Michael Oechsle - E-7; b 1699 in Langenau, Germany; m. Anna Gruber
2. John Exley, b Langenau, Germany; d 1800, Savannah, GA; m. Mary Wooten 1790
3. John William Exley, b 1795, m Eliza Margaret Mallette; they lived at Turkey Branch, Effingham County, GA; their sons: 5. John Jeremiah - E-7; b 1826, 5. William Lewis b 1831, 5. Gideon Henry b 1833, 5. Francis Abia b 1838, 5. Fletcher Asbury b 1842, 5. Marquis LaFayette b 1845
1. Melchior Oechsle, arrived in GA 1752; settled in Hampstead southside of Savannah, 1765; d as Michael Exley, 1789
2. John Exley, d 1800, Savannah, GA; m 1790 Mary Wooten
3. John William Exley, b 1795, m Eliza Margaret Mallette, settled at Turkey Branch in Effingham County, GA
1. Daniel Exley, b 1811, d 1870, in England, a book binder; m Ellen Bunce; sons: Samuel John and Thomas Robert.
2. Samuel John Exley, b 1836, Clerkenwell, Middlesex, London, England; wife, Mary Ann; m 1863, St. Luke Parish in Middlesex, London, England; son 3. Samuel G., b 1877
2. Thomas Robert Exley, b 1840 London, England, 1881 arrived in Canada; d 1928 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada; son 3. Frederick John Exley, b 1879, d 1918, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, m Mary Elizabeth Cunningham; many descendants, mostly in Canada
Please note that a pedigree does not include any marriage information, any death information, or any details on the wife. It is intended to allow a researcher to identify a family of interest. It is NOT intended to provide all of the information that is known on this family. Often, something special is listed on the first generation, as usually little is known about him.
1. To contact the pedigree provider, remove spaces and change the AT in the email address at the end of the first line of the pedigree.
2. The Participant’s code identity or kit number is shown in red on the last generation of the pedigree. You can correlate this with the results for the kit on the Results Page.