We are happy to help you to understand how to use DNA in Genealogy and how to use this website.
Do I have to log in to view a project's website?You do not need to be logged in to view any page of the website, but you do need to log in to post on the forums.
How do I register at the website
Under the log in button in the left column, click on "Create new account".
What if I forgot my password?
Click "Request new password" under the log in button in the left column.
I requested a new password, but I didn't get an email or it says my email address is not valid. Now what?
How do I join this project?
Do I have to be yDNA-tested to join this project?
How do I find any information this project has about my ancestors?
All the information we have about Project Members is posted on the project's website. We ask each project member to provide a pedigree for the Patriarchs Page and his Earliest Known Ancestor for the yResults Page, but not all have done so as yet.
What happens when I click "Make this a Favorite Project" in the left column of the project's webpage?
You must be logged in to see this link. When you click it and "join" the project, you will see a link to the project under "Favorite Projects" in the left column each time you log in. This does not make you a member of the Surname Project at FTDNA.
How do I contact the Project Administrator?
The Project Administrator's name is listed at the bottom of each page of the Project's website. Click "contact" to send an email to the Project Administrator.
How do I see all the pages of this project's website?
Use the links in the black bar across each page of the website to see each page of the project's website.
How do I get back to the WFN Homepage?
You can return to WorldFamilies.net home page by clicking the globe in the upper left corner.
How do I contact a member of this project?
For more information, see:
- 8 Things You Must Do If You're yDNA Testing
- WorldFamilies.net home page, with lots of DNA and project information
- FAQs--Answers to most of your questions
DNA the SMART WAY--links to all the information you need about DNA testing for genealogy.
- When and How to Register and Log In
- Using the Project’s Website
- Using the Project’s Forums
- Providing your Pedigree
- Providing Earliest Known Ancestor for the y-Results Page
- Joining a Surname DNA Project
- Understanding the y-Results Page
- Project Administrator Information
- WorldFamilies.net and Family Tree DNA relationship
- If you're still confused: Please click here to send us an email. Please explain the help you need.