The ultimate purpose of this page is to discuss our DNA results.
- An example of what this page will look like over time is the Hodges DNA Project Discussion Page
- Feel free to discuss this project on the Buckner Family Forum
- Click here to place an order for a DNA test at Family Tree DNA
Participating in a Surname DNA Project provides:
- A report on the participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to the earliest known ancestor
- A classification of the participant's "deep" ancestry, which gives insight into the prehistoric origins of your surname ancestors
- A sense of camaraderie with all who participate in the Family Project, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
- Stimulation to family research and sharing of information
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of the Surname and the Variant Spellings
- Locates the genetic matches that do not share your common surname
Information for members of the former Ancestry.com Buckner Surname Group:
This is a continuation of the Buckner DNA project formerly hosted at Ancestry.com, which no longer exists. While the group has been deleted, note that all of the DNA data in it was linked from individual Ancestry accounts, which should still exist. Thus if you can still log into your Ancestry.com account, you should be able to retrieve the data in comma-separated variable (CSV) file format. Go to the "DNA" tab and select "YDNA and mtDNA tests." There should be a "Download Results' option which will allow you to get the file.