Project Home Page
Welcome to the Bender DNA Project's Website!
The Bender DNA Project is open to all families with this surname, of all spelling variations, and from all locations. (If your surname is not included please contact the Project Administrator.)
The following Spelling variations are also included in this project: Bainter, Bendriss, Binder, Painter, Penter
- A Surname DNA Project is a group of genealogy researchers who share a surname, or a genetic link to the surname, and who join together to use yDNA testing, paper trails, and research to identify those with whom they share a common ancestor.
- The aim for many participants is to identify a participant who "matches" their test results, and who can help them find the paper trail that leads further back up the family tree. When the DNA information is combined with family pedigrees and other relevant information, the full power of Genetic Genealogy is utilized. In addition, yDNA tests cost less when you order them through a surname project at Family Tree DNA.
- Click on the links in the black bar at the top of this page to view every page of the project's website.
- Of most interest to you initially are the project's PATRIARCH and y-RESULTS pages.
- You do NOT need to be registered or logged in to view any page of the project’s website, but you will need to log in to post on the forums and to use the "Make this a Favorite Project" link in the left column to create a link to the project's website each time you log in.
- Click here to order a DNA test in The Bender DNA Project and become a member of this project.
- Already tested at FTDNA? Join the Project.
- Were you yDNA-tested at another company? Transfer your results to FTDNA to join this project. Learn how: http://www.familytreedna.com/landing/ydna-transfer.aspx
Help links and FAQ: