Project Home Page
The Whitehead/Whitted/Whited Surname DNA Project
The Whitehead/Whitted/Whited Surname Project was originally created by David Whitehead in November of 2003 on FamilyTreeDNA.
It was created with the following goals:
- Assist project members in their genealogical research and to work together to find their common heritage (See the Patriarch Page)
- To establish possible links between the various Whitehead, Whitted and Whited families by identifying the DNA of the ancestor families and organizing them into distinct genetic lineages.
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. These tests help genealogists verify their paternal ancestry (father's father) in a quick and easy way. It saves time, prevents mistakes, and provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way.
There are many useful links on our Misc. page
Do you want to find your connection to a Whitehead lineage? Click here to order a DNA test from FamilyTreeDNA.
Already tested? Click here to contribute to the Whitehead Surname Group General Fund. Be sure to specify "Whitehead" in the Surname Project field.
- honor your ancestors!
- remember your family genealogist!
- dedicate to a beloved living/or deceased family member!
- or just plain help Whitehead families connect!
You may also choose to designate a specific line to be tested.
For more information on our hosts, World Families Network, visit their main page and check out the "Getting Started" links on the left.