Project Home Page
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. These tests help genealogists verify their paternal ancestry (father's father) in a quick and easy way. It saves time, prevents mistakes, and provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way.
Link to Y-DNA results: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/stokes/default.aspx?section=yresults
This Family Project is started to:
1. Help researchers on common or related families work together to find their common heritage (See the Patriarch Page)
2. Identify the DNA of the ancestor families and compile them and their lost branches into distinct genetic lineages through DNA matches
Stokes DNA Project Requirements
1. Individual who submits the DNA sample must be a MALE with the Stokes (or variant) ancestral line (or suspect descent from) OR if testing with Family Finder, must have a Stokes ancestral line or suspect descent from one.
2. Participant must submit a pedigree chart (if known).
3. Participant must allow their kit number, test results, and oldest known Stokes ancestor to be posted on the Stokes DNA website.
4. No other information will be released without the participant’s written permission.
5. Adoptees are welcome
Click here to order a DNA test now
For basic information, visit World Families Network and check out the "Getting Started" block