Project Home Page
- WFN has been providing DNA Information, Websites, and Administration to FTDNA Surname DNA Projects since 2004 (About Us).
FTDNA and WFN have a long-standing relationship (Learn more).
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. These tests help genealogists verify their paternal ancestry (father's father) in a quick and easy way. It saves time, prevents mistakes, and provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way.
The Goals of this Project are to:
1. Determine if two people are related
2. Determine if two people descend from the same ancestor
3. Find out if you are related to others with the same surname (or variation of the surname)
4. Prove or disprove your family tree research
5. Solve "brick walls" in your research
6. Provide clues about your ethnic origin
The Plummer DNA Project may help your research by: Eliminating or confirming relationships Focusing research on related families Directing research in a geographic area Directing research in a specific timeframe Establishing country or region of origin Confirming variant surnames are family Identifing pre-surname migration Strengthening weak paper trails Avoid pursuing false connections Determining which researchers should be collaborating because they share a common ancestor
The following surnames are welcome to join this project
Plummer, Plumber, Plumer, Plimmer, Plimer, Plumadore, Plumb, Plumbly, Plumlee
If you have a variation of the above surname and would like to join, please let me know.
Click here to order a DNA test now
For more information on the relationship between DNA testing and traditional genealogy, visit World Families Network.