Project Home Page FTDNA is having a Holiday Sale Through Dec. 31, 2013
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. These tests help genealogists verify their paternal ancestry (father's father's father etc) in a quick and easy way. It saves time, prevents mistakes, and provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Recruit a male Lanier member of your Lanier family to submit his cheek cells for a DNA test. This is a painless procedure. Click on Recruitment tab above to read about costs and how to place an order for the kit. If a male Lanier member of your family has already had his yDNA tested, you can submit his results and his Lanier pedigree to the Administrator of this project to be posted on this website.
2. Submit your known Lanier family tree to the Administrator of this project to be posted on our Patriarchs Page. You can submit your Lanier pedigree without finding a male Lanier to take the DNA test, but we highly recommend DNA testing to confirm your Lanier lineage. Click on Patriarchs tab above to view Lanier pedigrees.
3. The participant will receive DNA results indicating whether or not he matches anyone in the project or anyone in the entire database at Family Tree DNA, if he so elects. Even if the participant does not initially match anyone in the project or in the entire database, he will receive notification of matches as other people get tested.
1. Help researchers on common or related families work together to find their common heritage. Click on Patriarchs tab above to see Lanier pedigrees of our current members.
2. Identify the DNA of the ancestor families and compile them and their lost branches into distinct genetic lineages through DNA matches. Click on Results tab above to see the yDNA results of our current members.
Click here to order a DNA test now
For basic information, visit World Families Network and check out the "Getting Started" block or contact the administrator Nancy Kiser whose email address is listed below. The information provided on this website belongs to the Lanier DNA Project and no one is authorized to use our information for commercial or personal profit. This information is only provided for personal use; ie, personal genealogical research of one's family tree. No use is allowed in any publication for profit or non-profit without specific written permission from the administrator of this project.