Project Home Page
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists!
• Surname tests allow genealogists to verify their father's father's....father's paternal ancestry.
• Surname DNA information can be very powerful when combined with traditional paper trails.
The following Surnames are currently included in this project:
The Hogg DNA Project is open to all Hogg family descendants, of all spelling or phonetic variations, and from all locations.
< Hague, Hoag, Hoage, Hodge, Hodges, Hoeg, Hoege, Hog, Hogarth, Hoge, Hogg, Hoggard, Hoggarth, Hoggatt, Hogge, Hoggett, Hoggman, Hoggs, Hoglund, Hogman, Hogsett, Hogue, Hoguet, Og, Oge, Ogg, Ogge >
(If your surname is not included or for other questions, please contact the Project Administrator by clicking here.)
This Hogg Family Project was started to:
1. Help researchers from common or related families work together to find their shared heritage.
2. Identify how the participant's families are connected, both genetically and through paper trails.
3. Identify and confirm genetic Lineages of ancestral families.
4. Ultimately catalog pedigrees and genetic connections of all of the known project families.
What has the Hogg Family Project accomplished thusfar?:
1. Over 40 individuals linked to the Hogg Surname have had their y-DNA tested and results evaluated using FTDNA or other laboratory services.
2. We have identified at least 5 distinct genetic family groups. Several of these lineages were not previously identified as related!!!
For pedigrees and results use the project menu above to view Patriarchs and yResults
Click here to order a DNA test in the Hogg project.
Check these useful links below!
- World Families Network Forums
- Hogg Family Forum
- World Families Network General Discussion
- Understanding your DNA Test Results
Click here to order a DNA test now
For basic information, visit World Families Network and check out the "Getting Started" block
This Project's website is now hosted at http://hdhdata.org/hoggdna.html