Project Home Page
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. These tests help genealogists verify their paternal ancestry (father's father....father) in a quick and easy way. It saves time, prevents mistakes, and provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way. It can be very powerful when combined with traditional paper trails.
To donate to the Biggs DNA Project fund, please visit this link to the Paypal website. These funds will aid us in recruiting other men and women interested in joining the Biggs Project!
Participating in a Surname DNA Project provides:
1. The participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to his earliest known ancestor.
2. The participant's "deep" ancestry (Haplogroup), which identifies the paternal ancestor's prehistoric origins.
3. A sense of camaraderie, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
4. Stimulation to family research and renewed sharing of information
5. A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
6. A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of your Surname and the spelling variations
7. Your genetic matches who do not share your common surname
8. The knowledge to understand our ancestors better - particularly where the records have been lost
Click here to order a DNA test for the Biggs surname now
The Biggs Family Project was started to:
1. Compile all known families by earliest ancestor, including contact info for researchers of the line. (See the Patriarch Page)
2. Identify and compile the separate families through DNA Testing (See the DNA Recruitment Page)
|The purpose of this effort is to help families find their branches and work together to find their common heritage. There are numerous Biggs families in the US alone with beginnings in Virginia and the Carolinas as well as New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. With known migration patterns from the Northeastern US (i.e. New York and Pennsylvania) to Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky and westward, it must be that some of these branches are related. It be so wonderful if they could be connected!|
|Bigs, Biggs, Bigges|
|Big, Bigg, Bigge|
|and others that may be related (if your surname is not listed please contact the administrator|
Useful Genealogical Links:
|Rootsweb Mailing Lists:||Biggs||Bigge|
Biggs Family History: Sarah's Genealogy Pages
The Biggs Family of Bedfordshire, Kent, & Sussex: Biggs World
Biggs Family of WV and MD: Biggs Family Genealogy
|John Biggs of TN: Descendants of John Biggs|
|Biggs of England, VA, & NC: The Biggs Lineage|
|Biggs of Ulster, NY: Descendants of John Biggs, Sr.|
|Biggs of Kentucky: Descendants of Allen T Biggs|
For basic information, visit World Families Network and check out the "Getting Started" block