Your Project Needs Your Pedigree
Share your pedigree with your Surname Project--
It may be the key to putting the puzzle together!
The pedigree as used in Surname DNA Projects and on the WorldFamilies.net project websites consists of a straight succession from the earliest known male ancestor in the participant’s surname line, continuing through the direct male ancestor in each generation, down to the present male participant.
Each project website includes both a FAMILY PEDIGREE FORUM and a PROJECT’S PATRIARCH PAGE.
Projects display the pedigrees on the project's Patriarchs' Page, along with the contact email and the kit number, so that project members and interested researchers can correlate test results and pedigrees.
To view a WorldFamilies.net Surname Project's Patriarch Page
To view a WorldFamilies.net Surname Project's Pedigree Forum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Providing a pedigree for your project's Patriarchs Page.
How do I provide a pedigree for a member of the Surname DNA Project?
We invite Surname Project members to submit your "Pedigree" for your Surname Project's Patriarch Page:
1. If you are a member of the project, click here to send your pedigree to WorldFamilies.net for posting on the Project's Patriarch Page, and Carrie or the Project Administrator will post it on the project's Patriarchs Page
Please include the following:
# Name of project
# Kit Number if tested
# Name of person posting pedigree
# Email address to be posted with pedigree:
# Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestori
# List each succeeding generation below, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)
2. Please log in and post your pedigree on the Project's Pedigree Forum if you are:
A Project Member who wishes to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page may post the information on the project's Pedigree Forum. See instructions below.
An interested researcher who has not had a family representative DNA tested for the Surname DNA Project.
Using the Surname Project's Pedigree Forum
The Project's Pedigree Forums are provided for:
1. A Researcher who is not a member of the Surname DNA Project, but wishes to share a family pedigree can post it on the project's Pedigree Forum.
2. A Project Member who wishes to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page may post the information on the project's Pedigree Forum.
See instructions below.
To post on the Pedigree Forum:
1. Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
2. Go to your project's website and click the "Pedigree" tab on the far right in the black menu bar across the top of each page of the project's website.
3. Scroll to the last posting on the project's pedigree forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a. Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b. If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org