Project Home Page
- WFN has been providing DNA Information, Websites, and Administration to FTDNA Surname DNA Projects since 2004 (About Us).
FTDNA and WFN have a long-standing relationship (Learn more).
DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. The mtDNA test helps genealogists verify their maternal ancestry (mother's mother's ... mother's line). It provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way. Use of mtDNA for genealogical purposes is still in its infancy. This project will be exploring how to best fulfill the goal of using mtDNA for genealogy. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.
Purpose and Scope:
1. Help researchers on common or related families work together to find their common maternal heritage (See the Matriarch Page)
2. This project is for all those whose mtDNA has been tested and found to be in Haplogroup T, T*, T3, T4, T5
3. There is a separate project for mtDNA-T1. Click here for T1.
4. There is a separate project for mtDNA T2. Click here for T2.
4. We welcome additions to the maternal lines (daughter's daughter's ...daughters) of the earliest known maternal ancestor of each of those lines.
Phylogenetic Networks for the Human mtDNA Haplogroup T by David A Pike
Click here to order a DNA test now
For basic information, visit World Families Network and check out the "Getting Started" block