World Families Forums - DYS490=10 and DYS490=12 split for SRY2627

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 04:08:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  DYS490=10 and DYS490=12 split for SRY2627
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DYS490=10 and DYS490=12 split for SRY2627  (Read 699 times)
Arch Y.
Old Hand

« on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »

I've broken down the results from the SRY2627 project, with clusters, without clusters, with those DYS490=10 or 12 being confirmed and one thing I've noted that stands out is the lack of DYS490=10 in Spain vs the DYS490=12 in regions south of the Pyrenees. I know there are many (too many) in my opinion that are labeled as Unknown. Taking all of the unknowns out of the equation, it's interesting to see this difference. DYS490=12 has a presence in both Iberia and France, just a slighter amount less than DYS490=10. Even looked at the unknown DYS490s and Iberia appears to be one above average. I of course have to take the unknown origins out of the equation. Still kind of interesting.

So given that variance of SRY2627 is highest in Iberia (outside of the Pyrenees) and we have confirmed proof of high frequency of the subclade in Catalonia, specifically in the Pyrenees and Midi Pyrenees of France (yes, its a huge area, but one would presume that number would be larger further south around Luchon/Val d'Aran and the Couserans/Ariege region. The primary valley of entry/exit for Iberian SRY2627 must be from the Luchon to Col de Porthus. Of course, there's the ocean route from Narbonne or further up to Empuries/Roses but what are the odds and given the numbers of SRY2627 increase substantially further inland along the Pyrenees with no direct path from the Catalan shoreline. The Cadi mountains must be a barrier of significance that funneled SRY2627 into or out of Iberia through the Segre R. basin.

I have a tendency to think entry or exit must have been by way of the Cerdanya region.  There's no direct or easy route through the Val d'Aran from the south from the Segre R. basin though, leaving me to believe the entry must have been made primarily from France via the Garonne. However, it's not impossible, just going by the difficulty of the terrain versus from the north. By way of the Pallars Noguera, very possible but not very realistic. By way of the Ribagorcana, not likely, no tunnel and access would have been difficult. By way of the Esera R. basin is a good candidate from the south bringing the subclade to the Luchon and Aran Valleys. This path was a path of pilgrimage for Santiago de Composetella from St Bertrand de Comminges. Not sure how extensively it was used but enough to have Knight's Hospitaliers.

So two likely candidates around the Aran and Luchon would have easily brought SRY2627 into or out of Iberia by way of the Ebro R. and Segre R. basins. The region between the Aran and Andorra seem quite difficult (Pics d'Estats) and not likely a point of entry or exit. Of course, the famous port near Jaca is a real possibility too.
SRY2627 is found in this region of Aragon though significantly reduced to around some 13% from the large 48% of the Aran and the average 20% of Alt Urgell, Cerdanya regions.

The clusters within both DYS490=12 and DYS490=10 seem to point bigger increases in the USA results and very little elsewhere I think except for Germany (nothing very significant though). I keep thinking the Ariege R. basin was very important for the subclade as well maybe the Arize R. Hopefully we can get some ancient DNA out of Neolithic caves in the region such as Mas d'Azil, etc. The Ariege R. basin seems to have a extensive network of Mesolithic and Neolithic evidence of settlement in close proximity. The Aran Valley and towards Andorra seem to have no evidence of Mesolithic and even Neolithic activity, just mostly menhirs and virtually no dolmens. Probably coinciding with the lower variance in the Pyrenees??

Arch
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 17 queries.