World Families Forums - R-L21 and its subclades

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 12:25:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  R-L21 and its subclades
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R-L21 and its subclades  (Read 3088 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »

I do think Maciamo should have included the Busby L21 hotspot in Alpes de Haute Provence, but if you read his post (#4 in that thread at Eupedia), he dismisses it because there were only 31 samples. Sure, it would be nice if Busby had a thousand samples from that region, but I think 31 is a fair sample size.

Besides that, one of our earliest French R-L21 Plus Project members has ancestry in that region. I find it odd that he turned up and then, a couple of years later, Busby finds a high frequency of L21 in that area of France.

But that is a small thing to quibble about, I guess. The map is pretty good otherwise.

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »

I do think Maciamo should have included the Busby L21 hotspot in Alpes de Haute Provence, but if you read his post (#4 in that thread at Eupedia), he dismisses it because there were only 31 samples. Sure, it would be nice if Busby had a thousand samples from that region, but I think 31 is a fair sample size.

Besides that, one of our earliest French R-L21 Plus Project members has ancestry in that region. I find it odd that he turned up and then, a couple of years later, Busby finds a high frequency of L21 in that area of France.

But that is a small thing to quibble about, I guess. The map is pretty good otherwise.
I just wish he had his mapping tool and knowledge to use it.  We could start doing this for the larger subclades of L21 as well as for Z196.

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
alan trowel hands.
Guru

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 06:58:48 PM »

I agree.  31 sounds plenty for one small region.  I think when he says  it wouldnt make sense for an L21 hotspot there he is falling into preconceptions. He clearly believes there should be some sort of neat contouring from a peak in NW France.  If you do include L21 in SE France as per Myres then it gives the impression that L21 may have had a hole punched through the middle of it a U152 expansion.    I think the map would have been better if he showed the SE French peak.
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »

I used to post pretty regularly over at the Eupedia y-dna forum. I just made the mistake of posting a few times back over there again, which I will probably stop soon. Too much point-counterpoint there. I used to like that sort of thing, but I'm too lazy for it now, which is one reason why I don't miss dna-forums. I would get in extended arguments with people and end up pursuing the near equivalent of college term paper research. There's not much point in it. Too much work for little or no return.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.