World Families Forums - Z196 and the history of P312

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:52:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Z196 and the history of P312
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Z196 and the history of P312  (Read 23035 times)
Arch Y.
Old Hand

« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

I'm also of the belief that a good number of Normans that came with William were Z196* (my own surname included). This might also account for the high number in England vs Ireland for example.

What are the odds the higher frequency in England is due to Anglo-Saxons?

I'd say they're pretty low.. DF27/Z196 has been in the Isles for a very long time.. Probably arriving with the L21 horde. Infact, I wouldn't be too surprised if DF27 didn't represent the oldest strain of P312 in the Isles.

Of course many will regard that as blasphemy, because we all know that DF27 is completly and totally Iberian and only recently made its way from there.

We are glad that you are seeing the errors of your ways and we will not condemn you to heresy.

Thank you,
"The Iberian Inquisition Institute"

Arch Y.
Old Hand

« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »

I'm also of the belief that a good number of Normans that came with William were Z196* (my own surname included). This might also account for the high number in England vs Ireland for example.

I'd say they're pretty low.. DF27/Z196 has been in the Isles for a very long time.. Probably arriving with the L21 horde. Infact, I wouldn't be too surprised if DF27 didn't represent the oldest strain of P312 in the Isles.

Of course many will regard that as blasphemy, because we all know that DF27 is completly and totally Iberian and only recently made its way from there.

Spanish Monks ?   ;)

Now that's funny! :-)

Arch
samIsaack
Old Hand

« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »

We are glad that you are seeing the errors of your ways and we will not condemn you to heresy.

Thank you,
"The Iberian Inquisition Institute"

I missed you too, Arch..

Y-Dna: R1b-SRY2627

Mtdna: J1c8
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 18 queries.