World Families Forums - How close are the Families

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 09, 2014, 11:23:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Fields (Moderator: Joe L. Fields)
| | | |-+  How close are the Families
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How close are the Families  (Read 1039 times)
Fields

« on: March 16, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »

Hi Joe,

Could you tell me a little more on how close my Family is.  I am R1b1b2 and there are abt 17 in this family. My recent tests showed a 34 out of 37 match and we go back 8 generations for me to a common grandfather.  The next 2 adjacent tests to me are a 23 and 21 match but I do not see a pedigree for them. Is there any guidance on how far back we'd have to go for a common ancestor?  Additionally, I presume the other Fields families would have to go back further but how much?

Thks

Kim A Fields

ps. The Emmitt Smith program was great, could you suggest they do a famous Fields so we can get direct advertising for more tests.
Fields

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »

Hi Joe,

My y search entries have indicated that 2 others from the project are fairly close. For a 34 marker test I'm a genetic distance of 8 from F37.
For a 34 marker test I'm a genetic distance of 7 from F25.
I didn't consider the lesser marker rankings as I presume they had greater variance.
Genetic differences are about 200 years, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be closer.
All the rest are further, but I didn't check every one to see if you were on y search.

Kim Fields
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.