World Families Forums - Thomas Allen Thompson

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:45:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Thompson (Moderator: Katherine Borges)
| | | |-+  Thomas Allen Thompson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thomas Allen Thompson  (Read 792 times)
Banditcat

« on: November 20, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »

I am researching a relative named Thomas Allen Thompson b. 1845.  He was a Civil War casualty who died at the Battle of Harper's Ferry in September 1862 at the age of 17.  He joined the 60th Regimen of the Ohio Volunteer Infantry on November 5, 1861. 

I have a number of letters written by Allen that were sent to his parents and I have a tin-type picture of him in military regalia.  While his parent's names are not mentioned, other names are discussed.  These include: George Crawford, "Ella" (a sister), and "Uncle Joe". On the back of one letter a hand stamp displays, "JW Thompson Agt  Ludlow Grove   O" and there is a reference to address one letter to Parkersburgh, Wood County, VA.

He is a relative on my Mother's side.  Surnames of generations past include: Waldron, Beckley, Dudley, and Crawford.  It would be wonderful to make a connection based on the research that has already been completed.  I'd like to determine his parents and where he lived.  Thanks for your assistance. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 18 queries.