World Families Forums - Does anyone know this Guererro ancestor?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:00:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Guererro (Moderator: guererroAdmin)
| | | |-+  Does anyone know this Guererro ancestor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know this Guererro ancestor?  (Read 618 times)
mokave

« on: September 12, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »

Hi,

I'm new to all this but was hoping to gain more info on the Guerrero name.

My maternal great-grandmother was named Guerrero (Guerero, Guerra?) No one living in the family is quite sure of the spelling nor do we know her first name.

Supposedly, she was of a rich and noble Castilian family living in Spain during the 1800s. She met and fell in love with my great-grandfather while traveling on holiday with her chaperon in Africa. Against the wishes of her family, who disinherited her, she married my German grandfather and moved to his plantation in South Africa where she had at least two daughters and one son (my maternal grandfather).

Upon her husband's death, her family allowed her to return to their villa in Spain, providing she gave up her husband's surname and assumed her maiden name again. Upon her death, her two surviving daughters inherited her estate and eventually moved to New York City, where in 1919 or 1920 they briefly reunited with my grandfather (renamed Charles Ross upon immigrating to the United States from South Africa), whom they had thought to be dead.

I would love to know more about this side of the family and was wondering if it would be of any value for my brother (or me) to do the DNA test and see if there are any matches.

Nora Scholin

Nora Scholin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 18 queries.