World Families Forums - I2*, new ISOGG I2b and I2c Haplogroup Project - UPDATE JAN 2012

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:01:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  I2*, new ISOGG I2b and I2c Haplogroup Project - UPDATE JAN 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I2*, new ISOGG I2b and I2c Haplogroup Project - UPDATE JAN 2012  (Read 1729 times)
Bob May

« on: January 28, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »

I2* Project commenced in late 2009 with the knowledge that the I2a and I2b had conducted WTY projects on two kits with no results.
Our first WTY kit discovered three new SNPs in late 2010 being L415, L416 and L417. After testing other project members and members of other I2 Projects it was confirmed that these SNPs identified a new clade which was designated I2b by ISOGG (note at the same time the old I2a and I2b clades were re-designated I2a1 and I2a2 because of the discovery of the SNP L460 which after extensive testing was found + in both these clades but - in I2* and I1).
A second WTY was conducted in 2011 discovering two new SNPs L596 and L597. Testing confirmed that these SNPs identified the balance of the I2* project current members and was designated I2c By ISOGG.
As this meant that to our knowledge no I2* people have tested that have not been able to be placed into I2b (L415, L416 and L417) and I2c (L596 and L597) and the fact that the ISOGG HG I Tree and the FTDNA (YCC) HG I tree were out of sync waiting update, the project was retitled I2*, new ISOGG I2b and I2c. When the FTDNA (YCC) HG I tree is updated shortly the title will be altered to comply to that designation and will continue to cover the I2*, I2b (L415, L416 and L417) and I2c (L596 and L597).
The I2b people form a small group in the project and ancestral links to Italy, Germany and Scotland.
The I2c people fall into 3 major cluster with 3 outlier groups. This indicates to us that we have more work to do in discovering SNPs to further identify sub clades of I2c. To this end it is planned that kits from the other two major groups within I2c namely (C) DYS393/390 12/22 and (B) DYS393/390 14/24 be submitted to the WTY project testing this year (funds permitting).
Could you be a part of this project. Have a look at the Project site at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/I2nosubcladeM170P215/default.aspx and compare your results with those of project members.
Feel free to contact any of the Administrators.
We use the World Haplogroup & Haplo-I Subclade Predictor and designation of I-S31* or I-S31*-C (or A or B) indicates that your results fall within the parameters we use.
If your results do not fall within the project and you still want to be part of our discovery endeavour you can by going to the Project site listed above and scrolling down to General Fund and make a donation to WTY project cost, SNP validation cost or general project cost by using the link provided. I can assure you that any donation will be gratefully accepted and used to further the Goals of the project.
Bob May
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 18 queries.