World Families Forums - descendant of John Thompson and Sarah Potts, Shannon Co, MO

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2014, 07:44:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Thompson (Moderator: Katherine Borges)
| | | |-+  descendant of John Thompson and Sarah Potts, Shannon Co, MO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: descendant of John Thompson and Sarah Potts, Shannon Co, MO  (Read 1426 times)
angelaka

« on: October 12, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »

I am descended from John Thompson (1820-1900) and Sarah Potts (1832-1912) of Shannon County, Missouri.  I believe John's parents may have been William Thompson and Martha Beasley.  I was interested in the Thompson DNA project, and whether it has turned up any definite connections in my line.  This is the first I've heard of the project, and would be extremely interested in any further information.
Dewey Thompson

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »

Hi, I have Thompson's in Oregon County MO. Do you know any of your John's childrens names? I have a Great Grand father James A. Thompson, born in TN and died in Oregon County MO. (Wilderness) He is my brick wall, I can't confirm any thing before 1862 with a marraige record to Catherine Freeman Burnham. He hd five sons, William Carroll, Thomas Jefferson( My Grandfather), John C., Charles F. and James Peter. William Carrol lived in Shannon County at Birchtree. He and his wife were teachers. Any information or help I would greatly appreciate.
Thanks,
Dewey Thompson
dft1@newwavecomm.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.