World Families Forums - Wanting to know

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:06:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'K'
| | |-+  Kent (Moderator: kentAdmin)
| | | |-+  Wanting to know
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanting to know  (Read 814 times)
kahaynes

« on: July 25, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »

I am trying to find my family history. I need to explain the reason I did the DNA testing. I was adopted in December 1949, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA, and I want to find some family members that might have known the existance of my biological father and or mother. All I know is that my biological father's name was William Kent. The mother's name I don't know. I was the last of 9 siblings (8 sisters and 1 brother). They were living in Oklahoma. If you know of that name or if any of your family members know of a woman who is related to you who married a man named William Kent around 1920's maybe earlier. I am anxious to find out where my roots belong. My name is Kathryne Haynes, I am 60 years old and I live now in Florida. If you, or your family members know of a Kent I would love to hear from you. Any and all information will help.

Thank you,

Kathryne Haynes

dhkent55

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

Kathryn,
It is possible that there may be a connection between your biological parents and my father's family. My paternal grandfather was John Franklin Kent (1853-1936) of Henderson, Tennessee. His father was William Edward Kent (about 1815-1903) who had a son named William Thomas Kent (1859-1926), a brother of my grandfather and a great-uncle to me. I don't know anything more about William Thomas Kent. I don't know where he lived or whether he had children, but the age is about right to have had a son who might have married around 1920, and certainly there was a pattern of repeating the name of William.

Hope this helps,

Dave Kent
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 18 queries.