World Families Forums - Do you have a Russell story you'd like to share?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:43:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Russell (Moderator: Lezlie Russell Markey)
| | | |-+  Do you have a Russell story you'd like to share?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have a Russell story you'd like to share?  (Read 1204 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: July 24, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

If you have a special story about your Russell family, you can post it here - by clicking on "Reply" or you can start your own Topic - with the name of your story by clicking on this link to take you to the Russell Forum - where you can click on "New Topic", put your own Subject Line and then post your story.

Terry
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:25:19 PM by Terry Barton » Logged
Robert T. Russell

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »

Exclusive On-Line Community for Russell Rib Lineage Group 1 Participants
Such participants, may contact Robert T. Russell at RussellRobertT@bellsouth.net for information on joining the group and obtaining access to the group's private genealogical collection.  Members may also request copies of private genealogical charts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:18:31 PM by Robert T. Russell » Logged
cityslic

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:34:34 AM »

My first post, after being in this project for five years. It is confusing to say the least.

Anyway, I think I have a solution to the 'father' and 'mother' reference in the well-known Thornton Russell Bible of Lunenburg County, VA.

Based on Census records and death registers of Lunenburg County: My direct ancestor, Thomas L. Russell, died in 1867. His wife, Martha Bohannon, lists his parents as Matthew and Nancy Russell. I think Matthew, b. 1780 could be the 'father', or his father, Philemon, could be the 'father' that is listed.

I need feedback on this. Thanks!
cityslic

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »

Actually, I no longer believe my Matthew Russell is the 'father' in the Thornton Russell Bible, but possibly a brother to the father.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 18 queries.