World Families Forums - Uyghur y-dna

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 10:35:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Uyghur y-dna
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uyghur y-dna  (Read 755 times)
secherbernard
Old Hand

« on: May 30, 2010, 04:56:23 AM »

Wikipedia and Eupedia web sites tell that Uyghur people have a high frequency of R1a and R1b haplogroups. Is there any recent Y-DNA study about Uyghur Y-DNA ?

YDNA: R-DF13+ L69+ DYS464X: cccc.3
mtDNA: U6a7a1
mtDNA of my father: U5a2c
YDNA of my maternal uncle: I1*
Ysearch and Mitosearch: UE9BU
Ysearch of my maternal uncle: CEC59

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:29:24 AM »

Wikipedia and Eupedia web sites tell that Uyghur people have a high frequency of R1a and R1b haplogroups. Is there any recent Y-DNA study about Uyghur Y-DNA ?

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall that a fair number of those Uyghur R1b men are M73+ (R1b1b1, according to ISOGG's tree).

I don't know of any recent studies, however.

vineviz
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:32:36 AM »

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall that a fair number of those Uyghur R1b men are M73+ (R1b1b1, according to ISOGG's tree).

I don't know of any recent studies, however.

I can't recall any study which found what I would call "high" levels of R in Uyghur populations.  There is some, of course, but it should be the responsibility of  Eupedia or - especially - Wikipedia to provide a source for their assertion.

VV
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »

I can't recall any study which found what I would call "high" levels of R in Uyghur populations.  There is some, of course, but it should be the responsibility of  Eupedia or - especially - Wikipedia to provide a source for their assertion.

VV

I think maybe some of it goes back to this map, which does have a bibliography on page 4.

Its pie chart for the Uyghurs shows about 30-40% or so R1, split nearly evenly between R1a and R1b, but I'm not sure which study on the list on page 4 was the source for that particular pie chart.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:41:41 AM by rms2 » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.