World Families Forums - Coordinator and Line Leaders

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 26, 2014, 02:05:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'N'
| | |-+  Nolan (Moderator: Nolan Admin - Glenn Allen Nolen)
| | | |-+  Coordinator and Line Leaders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coordinator and Line Leaders  (Read 1704 times)
William Nolan

Retired LTC

« on: October 18, 2006, 09:49:30 AM »

Would you please describe the positions of coordinator and line leader.

When we see our results and find no matches that help in our genealogy searches, what is the best avenue from that point. I would guess that it is wait, till we have more Nolans in the gene pool. At Y Search I have tried several approaches with no results. I can see I am related to someone in the 1600/1700 time frame, but have not been able to find a link to follow.

William K. Nolan

Nolan Admin - Glenn Allen Nolen
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 01:38:06 PM »

A Coordinator and Line Leader of a surname project would typically, as I understand it, help the Group Administrator of a surname project by coordinating an individual lineage or line of a surname project. It may encompass discussions with other group members of that specific lineage within a surname project to determine MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestors) and other pertinent data related to the genealogy of that lineage. The main duty of a Coordinator and Line Leader, as I see it, is to help place each individual group member of that lineage into their proper alignment within that lineage, state possible intermediaries or generational differences within each family group of that lineage, and place family groups and individuals within that lineage into some genealogical form which may encompass genealogical charting, posting relevant data to the surname page, or sharing that detailed lineage or line linkage in some other form.

You are correct that the Nolan Surname Project has limited membership. It is not surprising that you have not uncovered more matches. I have you in Nolan Lineage I, (Carlow Clan O'Nolan). Pursuing your families place or position within this lineage can be done. It may require more participants within the surname project or genealogical research. A paper trail may exist properly aligning your individual family within this lineage or DNA may one day properly place your family within that lineage. The Nolan DNA Surname project does not, as yet, have a volunteer Coordinator or Line Leader for Nolan Lineage I, (Carlow Clan O'Nolan). If you are interested the Nolan DNA Surname project would be greatful for your help. And you may learn a lot about your family and its place within Nolan Lineage I in the process.

You have reported your earliest known ancestor James D. Nowlin from South Carolina or Ireland. Some Nolan's did move down from Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina into South Carolina. I am not an expert on the South Carolina Nolan's, but if we all work together in this surname project we may be able to uncover more of our history. I will look into James D. Nowlin of SC further and get back to you.

Glenn Allen Nolen
ganolen@gmail.com? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.