World Families Forums - boundaries of main L21 block

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:10:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  boundaries of main L21 block
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: boundaries of main L21 block  (Read 2409 times)
alan trowel hands.
Guru

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »

I think when you consider how few 67 marker people there are per country in mainland Europe then it is not surprising that continental clusters are not jumping out.  If say a country has had only 10 or 20 people tested to that level then even a huge cluster might only appear as one individual.  It would only be after that sample was doubled or tripled that a potential cluster would emerge.  It seems to me that the current small sample on the continent would fail to detect all but the biggest clusters and even perhaps these would be unlikely to be picked up.  Even a huge NW Irish type cluster probably would barely be picked up. 

I also suspect that clusters of continental origin may appear as though they are isles ones due to the small continental sample.   It is sobering to think in some countries one person represents as high a proportion of the 67 tested database in that country as M222 does of the Irish.  It seems to me that at present the probability is huge clusters in countries like France or Germany could be represeted by a single 67 marker tested individual.  Of course that level of loss of continental examples of a cluster could give it a both a false isles origin and also make it seem much younger than it is.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.