World Families Forums - A new R1b1b2 subclade: R1b1b2b

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 14, 2014, 05:39:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  A new R1b1b2 subclade: R1b1b2b
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new R1b1b2 subclade: R1b1b2b  (Read 1546 times)
Maliclavelli
Guru

« on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:20 AM »

Dear Gioiello,

We were finally able to determine Giancarlo's S136 results, using the microsattelite method I mentioned last time (I've attached an image of the gel run for you - you can see the raw result yourself this way: Giancarlo carries the same 9bp deletion that you carry).

Please find attached the official results certificate of Giancarlo's DNA testing with EthnoAncestry.

Please consult the ISOGG tree for where your SNP results place you on the genealogical tree (http://www.isogg.org/tree/). As S136 is not listed on the tree, I have written R1b1b2b as the inferred haplogroup..

All the best and many thanks for your support of EthnoAncestry and apologies once again for the delay in completing this order.

Best wishes,
Angelika

Dr. Angelika Kritz
Chief Scientist
EthnoAncestry

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »

My deletion (and that of my distant cousin Giancarlo Tognoni: our families separated in the second half of 15th century) is on the region of L50, previously attributed to me by deCODEme (23anME had a no call).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:23:55 AM by Maliclavelli » Logged

Maliclavelli

matt1

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:52:34 AM »

Haplogroup R1 is estimated to have arisen during the height of the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM), about 18,500 years ago, most likely in southwestern Asia. The two most common descendant clades of haplogroup R1 are R1a and R1b. R1a is believed to have arisen on the Eurasian Steppe, and today is most frequently observed in eastern Europe and in western and central Asia. R1b is believed to have arisen in southwest Asia and today is most frequently observed in Europe and especially in western Europe, which it entered after the LGM largely in the form of [[R1b1b2]]. The Atlantic Modal Haplotype, or AMH, is the most common STR haplotype in haplogroup [[R1b1b2a]].

Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

Dear Gioiello,

We were finally able to determine Giancarlo's S136 results, using the microsattelite method I mentioned last time (I've attached an image of the gel run for you - you can see the raw result yourself this way: Giancarlo carries the same 9bp deletion that you carry).

Please find attached the official results certificate of Giancarlo's DNA testing with EthnoAncestry.

Please consult the ISOGG tree for where your SNP results place you on the genealogical tree (http://www.isogg.org/tree/). As S136 is not listed on the tree, I have written R1b1b2b as the inferred haplogroup..

All the best and many thanks for your support of EthnoAncestry and apologies once again for the delay in completing this order.

Best wishes,
Angelika

Dr. Angelika Kritz
Chief Scientist
EthnoAncestry
Congratulations.  What are the implications as it relates to R1b1b2 overall?

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »

The question was if this mutation was my own, a private one, or if it was more ancient than my recent ancestors. Testing my relative Giancarlo Tognoni , we are now sure that this mutation was already in my family at least in the 15th century. We don’t know if it was present before and when, not having tested some more ancient relative. My family comes from Castelfiorentino, near Florence, and my oldest ancestor is Signorino del Badia, who lived at the beginning of the 14th century. Unfortunately a Brazilian tested by SMGF and close to me is untraceable. The question is now to know when this mutation arose. About the overall R1b1b2 this hasn’t any meaning, being probably my haplotype an ancient R1b1b2a who had this mutation in its own line after the separation from the other R1b1b2a-s. If this haplogroup is of Italian descent or not we shall see in the future. More meaningful under this aspect I think is the R1b1b2-L23+/L150- of the other Italian Romitti. We all are R-L150+ and he is a link between the previous R-L23+ and all the descendants. I think he is so far the most important proof that this haplogroup arose in Italy, at least from R1b1* to R-L150+ and perhaps other subclades.

Maliclavelli

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 17 queries.