World Families Forums - R1a* breakthrough [M420+ SRY10831.2- M17-]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 02:06:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  R1a* breakthrough [M420+ SRY10831.2- M17-]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R1a* breakthrough [M420+ SRY10831.2- M17-]  (Read 6754 times)
argiedude
Old Hand

« on: January 17, 2010, 06:31:04 PM »

Vincent Vizachero, who heads the FTDNA R1* Project, has informed us that the members of the R1* Project seem to belong overwhelmingly, probably exclusively, to R1a* (M420+ SRY10831.2-). This would be the most basal clade of R1a known yet.

The samples, which seem to be exclusively of British origin (there's a dozen of them), have a unique, distinctive haplotype: 385a/b=12/12, 392=13, and 438=11. Using this haplotype, I was unable to find any match at all in yhrd, amongst tens of thousands of samples from North Europe (except Britain), Iberia, Italy, Iran, Turkey, or India. I found just 1 match, and it was a European American, aka probably British origin, like the ysearch samples.

And several people, including Vincent, have since spotted likely R1a* candidates from several studies. Vincent noted that there's an Italian who is a possible match, and who is promisingly listed in ysearch as R1. I personally noted there are 2 possible matches from United Arab Emirates and southern Iran from a recent study. And Paul Johnsen noted that Cinnioglu's R1* sample from Turkey is a very possible R1a*, which I agree.

On the other hand, with over 4,000 samples from the Indian sub-continent, based on yhrd hapotypes and y-dna studies, not one likely candidate has yet appeared.

The clade is exceptionally rare. I estimate that just 1 in 5000 British samples is R1a*. In the rest of North Europe it would have to be even less, if it exists at all.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:33:10 PM by argiedude » Logged

y-dna: R1b L21
mtdna: U5
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »

I wrote a thread here on Worldfamilies signaling the most ancient R1a (with DYS392=13) in the Rhaetian Region and asking if Italy, beside R1b, wasn't the Refugium also of R1a (and of Indo-European languages). Those most ancient R1a found later in the Balkans.
I ask if what we find in the Balkans and in the British Isles hasn't been before in Italy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:49:35 PM by Maliclavelli » Logged

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »

I wrote a thread here on Worldfamilies signaling the most ancient R1a (with DYS392=13) in the Rhaetian Region and asking if Italy, beside R1b, wasn't the Refugium also of R1a (and of Indo-European languages). Those most ancient R1a found later in the Balkans.
I ask if what we find in the Balkans and in the British Isles hasn't been before in Italy.

HAHAHA

Italy is not the refugium of either R1a or Indo-European languages. Stop trying to pass of nationalistic nonsense and lies off as science.
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:30 AM »

I made theories upon many knowledge and about the fact that R1b is European, and above all Italian, you can see that something is moving.
R1a has been found, in its oldest form, like R1a-M420, above all in Europe (the Isles, Italy, Central and East Europe). Someone is saying also in Middle East, but I haven't so far seen those data. If someone has them, that he shows them to me.
Also on Indo-European languages, if I were you, I'd be more cautious. Probably Indo-Iranian languages came from East Europe, and before probably from Central one.
If I were you, I'd be very cautious with my ideas.

Maliclavelli

intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

I made theories upon many knowledge and about the fact that R1b is European, and above all Italian, you can see that something is moving.
R1a has been found, in its oldest form, like R1a-M420, above all in Europe (the Isles, Italy, Central and East Europe). Someone is saying also in Middle East, but I haven't so far seen those data. If someone has them, that he shows them to me.
Also on Indo-European languages, if I were you, I'd be more cautious. Probably Indo-Iranian languages came from East Europe, and before probably from Central one.
If I were you, I'd be very cautious with my ideas.

Stop spreading bullshit. R1b is West Asian. Lol@ above all italian. God you are such a loser. it is unfortunate your racism and inferiority complex can't let you accept the truth.

R1a has nothing to do with italy. It is Eastern European and has nothing to do with your people and the same applies to Indo-European languages.

No evidence Indo-Iranian was ever spoken in Central Europe. PIE develops in the steepe which is not central Europe and andronovo descends from yamnaya.
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

I think having understood who you are. Certainly you are an Iranian how much you are a Jew, i.e. 0,00%.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:48:49 AM by Maliclavelli » Logged

Maliclavelli

intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:48 AM »

I think you should learn to speak and write english properly, stop spreading nationalistic bullshit before falsely assuming things about other people's ancestry and heritage.
elainemarleneforbes

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »

I did the y dna in my family of origin to try to figure out if the line was Irish or Scottish.  Naive I now realize as the y lines are not that specific but ftdna had a lot of trouble analyzing it.  This is what they now say.
R1a    M420+ M173+ U106- SRY10831.2- P312- M434- M417- M343- M334- M269- M198- M157.1- L260- L23- L175-
Any of you experts have any comments on this classification.

other relatives (not of this Y line) people who have had their Y done say that doesn't make sense. Googled and saw this posting re R1a breakthrough. 

Our Y line is definitely great Britain. Our mother is Eastern European and father four generation Canadian.  A utility on Gedmatch indicates that 44 to 46 % of our mutations (depending on who we test) come from Great Britain. Given that we did not get any of these mutations from East European mother they must come from the Y line. 

Ironically it seems that if we go back far enough from what I am reading this Y also came from what is now Eastern Europe.

Look forward to any input.
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:32:33 AM »

It seems, from these SNPs tested, that your relative is just that R-M420, the most ancient and the ancestor of all the subclades, and once more from the Isles. It's very good for me, perhaps not for others.
Have your relative had a STRs test?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:24:47 AM by Maliclavelli » Logged

Maliclavelli

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 17 queries.