World Families Forums - Another Bob Stubbs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 29, 2014, 03:36:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Stubbs (Moderator: Bob Stubbs)
| | | |-+  Another Bob Stubbs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Bob Stubbs  (Read 965 times)
Bob C Stubbs

« on: January 15, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »

Just thought I'd drop in to say hello.  I'm yet another Bob Stubbs who has been trying to research his own Stubbs tree for some years now.  Turns out my ancestor trail ends up with Peter Stubbs and Mary Pedley in  Leighton, Cheshire abt. 1745

Need to brush up on my genetics to understand what's going on in this forum but willing to learn!  Think I'll spend time reading the posts and not jumping in too much......even though that does seem to be a genetic trait!

Cheers

Bob
saltboiler

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:00:06 AM »

hello Bob 

my stubbs are from Leighton in cheshire too   -    some researchers feel that your peter & mary pedley are also grndparents   of my GGGgrandparents  peter stubbs. b c 1801  & mary hatton

the supposed pedigree  is thus:

peter stubbs  1752& mary pedley m2 mary Hasselhurst
william stubbs 1773 & mary cauldwell
peter stubbs b c1800 & mary hatton   (my gggGrandparents)

Id like to be convinced, because on the 1851 census  there are 2 stubbs branches living in the same road of a very tiny hamlet called minshull vernon  which is leighton in nantwich  (there are only 5 or 6 houses there present today)  this leads me to believe that these 2 branches are interconnected further back...  thing is  the other branch can be traced back  to around 1724  with no mention of the above individuals..  seems to me that the probability of having these 2 stubbs families residing in the same place has to be more than coincidental...  love to talk with you more about this  I guess  DNA will proove it   & thus your DNA  should match up with my brothers perfectly if there has been no rogue element introduced  Im S6  on the DNA study

R x
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.