World Families Forums - Re uploads from NGGP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 01:05:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'N'
| | |-+  Newman (Moderator: NewmanAdmin)
| | | |-+  Re uploads from NGGP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re uploads from NGGP  (Read 1103 times)
Tony Newman

« on: November 15, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

Does it take a while for your marker set to appear in the NEWMAN chart after migration of data from NGGP? If so, about how long? Or does money have to change hands first, and if so, how much?
How does the necessary connection between a particular marker set on the NEWMAN chart and a NEWMAN pedigree registered by the same donor become apparent?

Tony Newman

Charlie Nauman

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »

Tony, Please look at the instructions on the following web page:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/nggp
If you have done all these things and still have questions please let me know.

After we receive your y-dna markers from FTDNA we will post them on the Newman Results page right away. And as soon as you post your pedigree information on the WorldFamiles.net Newman Pedigree forum page we will post that information on the Newman Patriarch page and create the connection from the Patriarch page to your markers on the y-dna Results page.

Charlie Nauman, Newman y-dna co-admin, cdnauman @comcast dot net
Tony Newman

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »

Thanks Charlie
Yes I went that route. Although I don't recall the actual feedback terminology used, it was indicative of the transfer of data having been completed successfully from the NGGP.
At that point I supposed my marker set would appear shortly alongside the other R1bs on the NEWMAN chart.
I haven't sibmitted my family tree yet - that didn't seem critical because none of the other submitters so far have mentioned my earliest known ancestral geographical area (Dorset, England, 1735), or even come close.

Tony Newman

Charlie Nauman

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »

Tony,
It appears you may not have selected the "join" Newman project on the FTDNA site. Please try to do that. Or you can do the following:
 Call or email FTDNA and ask them to transfer you into the project (713) 868-1438 or http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.html

Charlie
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:39:27 PM by Charlie Nauman » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.