We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Cape Coloured DNA Ancesty Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.) We encourage everyone who tests to also post his pedigree, even if you don't have very much information, so that participants can compare pedigrees as well as test results. Some interested researcher may see it and contact you.
1. You must be logged in to post on the forum
a. How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here: http://www.worldfamilies.net/mostfaq#register
b. I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/postpedigree/#re-register
c. Help for Posting your Pedigree: http://www.worldfamilies.net/postpedigree
2. When you are logged in, scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.
3. Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.
4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line. Please post only the following information for each generation:
Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname, birth date, birth place, spouse's name
(If you are missing any piece of this information, you can post another bit of identifying information.)
5. Example of a pedigree posting on the Pedigree Forum:
Pedigree for Terry Barton [terry AT bartonsite.org] B-66
David Barton, b c1730, Stafford Co VA, m Ruth Oldham
Thomas Barton, b 15 May 1768, Fauquier Co VA, m Sarah Kees
Conway Oldham Barton, b 20 Aug 1805, prob Greenville Dist SC, m Martha John Cox
John Matilda Barton, b 1839/40, ?Columbus? MS, m Emily Cassandra Sneed
Joseph James Barton, b 6 Nov 1865, Milam Co TX m Mary Jane Harlan
John (Jack) Sneed Barton, b 24 Feb 1897, Bartonsite TX, m Josephine Cresap Waddell
6. Click "Preview" to see how your posting will look on the Pedigree Forum and click "Post" to post it on the forum
7. Once your pedigree is posted on the forum, the Project Administrator will post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information. Pedigrees are placed in chronological order on the Patriarch Page. To see the Patriarch Page, click the back arrow to go to the Project Website and click on “Patriarchs” in the menu bar across the top of the page.