World Families Forums - Request- All Thackers run Y record search

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2015, 11:12:42 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Thacker (Moderator: thackerAdmin)
| | | |-+  Request- All Thackers run Y record search
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Request- All Thackers run Y record search  (Read 288 times)
Karl M Thacker

« on: March 19, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »

Hello

I am supposed to be a descendent of Thomas Thacker, b. 1809/1810, Louisa Co., VA,  whose parents are supposed to be David Thacker, b. abt 1790, Louisa Co., and Sally Lemay, b. abt. 1777, Louisa Co. 

In running open Y-record comparisons on both FTDNA:  https://www.familytreedna.com/my/y-dna-matches.aspx 
and YSEARCH:  http://www.ysearch.org/search_start.asp?uid, I am simply not matching to other Thackers….  I am, however, matching to other names, and some of them more than others.  I would like to ask that all Thackers perform these open searches to see if you also find some of these names.  Even if you do not tie to Louisa or Vinton (OH) counties, it may still help fit a piece to this puzzle. 

If you have never used YSEARCH.org, it is an excellent free site with tools for running Y-DNA searches.  It is also associated with FTDNA, and my guess is it was created so that non-FTDNA customers can compare to FTDNA and other companies records.

Although this is not how blind testing is supposed to be done, I’ll tell you who I am looking for: Bassett/Bass, Bumpus/Bump/Bumpass, Tucker, Wilson, and Knuckles/Knuckolls.  Or any variations of these names.

I would be grateful to anyone who does this.  My line is a dead-end at my 3rd & 4th gr-grandfathers and this may help me with my search.  It may help other Thackers as well.

Thank you
Karl Thacker
West Des Moines, Iowa
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.