World Families Forums - GARDNER

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:16:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  GARDNER
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GARDNER  (Read 668 times)
gunslingingardener

« on: September 01, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »

About ten years ago, five or six of my relatives had taken DNA tests. I believe the Gardner men came out as R1b1b2, and I believe they had one hit in the Isle of Man and 25 hits in England. Personally, I have my own theory on the development of the Gardner surname and I believe DNA proves my theory.

I believe that my Gardners were Norse Vikings who invaded France, then as Norman French knights invaded the British Isles. Although most assume that the Gardner surname developed from the profession of a gardener, the evidence that I have found proves that the Gardner surname developed from the Clan Jardine. People with the same last name are not all related, but it is likely they came from the same clan.

Just the fact that 40% of people in Norway have R1b DNA proves that the Norse Vikings were not all I1 and R1a. It's likely that a few "outsiders" got in the mix during migrations. I believe Denmark had a great number of R1b as well.

Since William the Conqueror is a famous bearer of R1b DNA, he was a Norman and the descendant of outlaw Viking Rollo the Viking, which means Rollo was also R1b.

Does anyone have information on the R1b1b2 gene?

Were my ancestors Vikings, Saxons, or Celts?

Best,
Corey

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »

R1b1b2 (M269+) is the most populous y haplogroup in Europe, especially in Western Europe. If you want to find the answers to your questions, you're going to have to have a 67-marker y-dna test and, if you are indeed some kind of R1b1b2, a Deep Clade-R test.

R1b1b2 is too widespread in Europe to tell you much just based on that information alone.

If you are R1b1b2, your ancestors could have been almost anything, including Vikings, Saxons, or Celts.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:44:32 PM by rms2 » Logged

NealtheRed
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:16:51 PM »

Where can you find that William the Conqueror is R1b?

Neal

Y-DNA: R-Z255 (L159.2+) - Downing (Irish Sea)

MTDNA: HV4a1 - Centrella (Avellino, Italy)

Ysearch: 4PSCK

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »

Where can you find that William the Conqueror is R1b?
Yes, how do we know William the Conqueror and therefore Rollo, the Duke of Normandy were R1b?

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
gunslingingardener

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:30:13 PM »

Hi,

Just google it. It was on some R1b1b2 website. It had a list of R1b carriers and I don't know how they found it out, but then again I don't know how they figured Franklin Pierce and John Adams were R1b either.
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »

There used to be an article on William the Conqueror's y-dna on the old "Baltic-North Sea Group" web site. It was based on the tests of some who claim y-line descent from William. I remember reading it back in 2006 when I got my first 37 marker results.

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 09:03:23 AM »

There used to be an article on William the Conqueror's y-dna on the old "Baltic-North Sea Group" web site. It was based on the tests of some who claim y-line descent from William. I remember reading it back in 2006 when I got my first 37 marker results.
Does anyone have any comments with the probabilities of some of these records being correct?  Sounds like a pretty big "if" that the Devereaux family tentatively proposes.   

If multiple claimed descendant family lineages line up with pretty much the same Y-DNA, I think the evidence mounts.

Quote from: rootsweb
Subject: Re: [DNA] William the Conqueror's DNA?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:28:42 -0800
References: <000101c3df8d$5b1cc220$be5ac242@hppav>

William the Conqueror's dna (y chromosome) is still available if historical
records are accurate in the line of the Viscount of Hereford and Devereux
family. Robert Devereux, the familie's founder, was his grand-uncle. We
are just starrting out on a project to try to recruit enough Devereux's to
answer your question, but on my result (only one available so far) it was
R1b. Hopefully, more validity will become available when more lines are
tested.

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
NealtheRed
Old Hand

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »

You know, I think the probability of Rollo being R1b is pretty great, considering the percentages currently seen in Norway and Denmark, but we can't rule out an I1 or R1a result.

The only cloudy area is when one family claims descent from the guy. I don't know how people can prove that; I guess you would have to ask them about their method.

Neal

Y-DNA: R-Z255 (L159.2+) - Downing (Irish Sea)

MTDNA: HV4a1 - Centrella (Avellino, Italy)

Ysearch: 4PSCK

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 19 queries.