World Families Forums - GARDNER

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:38:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  GARDNER
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GARDNER  (Read 441 times)
scotchcorey

« on: July 19, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »

I am researching my Gardner family history. My Gardners claim they were Scotch - Irish by most accounts, but one family legend suggests that the first immigrant of ours was a ship carpenter by occupation who came from England and landed in the New York, the family migrating to the South. I've done much research on the Gardner surname, it is of Norman French origin and developed in England.

One of my relatives had one hit for Isle of Man and 25 hits for England. His DNA is R1b1b2, and his dad was I1 and they are of course related because I've seen pictures. Our ancestor from the 1700s was I1 and R1b1b2. His name was Daniel Gardner.

I also found another Gardner family which descended from Sir Osborn Gardner, the Knight, who had numerous descendants. His descendants immigrated to America. Their was DNA showing that his sons were I1 and R1b1b2.

His son Thomas Gardner, who immigrated to America, was I1 and his cousin, George Gardner, was R1b1b2.

Any information on this?

I personally believe that my Gardner ancestors were Norse Vikings who invaded into France, as Normans invaded into England, spread throughout Britain and America.

The R1b1b2 is probably very prominent from the Norse intermarrying with Europeans.

I believe both haplogroups did originate in Spain.

Best,
Corey
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:59:15 PM »

I don't know about I1, but R1b1b2 did not originate in Spain.

Since the y chromosome is passed from father-to-son, one cannot be R1b1b2 and have a biological father who is I1. If the son is R1b1b2, his biological father must have been R1b1b2, as well.

I wish you success with your genealogical research.

gunslingingardener

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »

The I1 and R1b were not confirmed. I think they just assumed they were I1 or R1b. I am trying to figure out if what my ancestors were: Vikings, Saxons, Celts, etc.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 19 queries.