World Families Forums - I am new to this. I did the genographic project.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 01:38:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  I am new to this. I did the genographic project.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am new to this. I did the genographic project.  (Read 552 times)
lalin

« on: July 11, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »

my  DAN  says I am a J2 I need more info what does it mean? help:)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

Here is what Charlie Kerchner says about J2:  
J2:  Originated in the northern portion of the Fertile Crescent where it later spread throughout central Asia, the Mediterranean, and south into India. As with other populations with Mediterranean ancestry this lineage is found within Jewish populations.
Research note: Many people new to Genetic Genealogy think the J2 haplogroup is synonymous with having male Jewish ancestry. One should note that having a J2 haplogroup assignment does not necessarily indicate Jewish ancestry. The J2 haplogroup is far more ancient than the Jewish religion and is found in many lines with Mediterranean region ancient ancestry. Another relatively more recent mode for J2's entry into some parts of Europe from the Mediterranean areas could have been the Roman Legions and Roman settlements.

To see more information from Charlie Kerchner, see this page:  http://www.kerchner.com/haplogroups-ydna.htm
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:47:32 PM by Marilyn » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 18 queries.