World Families Forums - Robert Louis Stevenson Scottish Author.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 11:37:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Stevenson (Moderator: stevensonAdmin)
| | | |-+  Robert Louis Stevenson Scottish Author.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robert Louis Stevenson Scottish Author.  (Read 1652 times)
johncarswell

« on: July 19, 2009, 03:33:05 AM »

I am interested to know whether any forum member is related to RL Stevenson & has done a DNA test?.

My ggg grandmother was Jean Stevenson , daughter of John Stevenson of Old Barn Farm ,Neilston ,Renfrewshire , Scotland.

Family folk law says that her family had connections to RL Stevensons ancestors.

RL Stevenson's ancestors were living at 'Nether Carswell' farm near Neilston Renfrewshire in the 1660's.

Looking forward to hearing any information,

Regards,

John Carswell Australia.
Laurel Lee James

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 01:30:20 PM »

I am registered with this mtdna project and my Grandmother Sybil Stitt James of San Francisco, mother was Jennie Moore Stephenson Stitt of Vacaville, California, daughter of Andrew Muldrow Stevenson of Kentucky/Vacaville, CA, was supposedly related to Robert Lewis Stevenson.  I am trying to find the link also. Good Luck.  Maybe outr mtdna will help.
Regards,
Laurel James
Alister Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:01:39 AM »

Robert Louis Stevenson was the author ,and his middle name was Louis not Lewis,& was buried over in Western Samoa and called by the Samoans "Tusitala" (Teller of tales).We are descendents of Robert Louis Stevenson on my  mother Joyce Ethel Stevenson side.Her grandfather was James Stevenson & her father was Thomas Stevenson (my grandfather).James Stevenson's parents were Gilbert Stevenson & Fanny Scott from Ballywalter,Donaghadee,Northern Ireland.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 18 queries.