World Families Forums - Whitman (and variants) - Russia / Sovient Union origins

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 02:41:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Whitman (Moderator: whitmanAdmin)
| | | |-+  Whitman (and variants) - Russia / Sovient Union origins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whitman (and variants) - Russia / Sovient Union origins  (Read 846 times)
whitmanAdmin

« on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »

As your new administrator I would like this forum be more interactive so I am asking all Whitmans (and variant spellings) to help idenify lineages by anwering either question that applies to your location and knowledge. We then can discuss each, collabrate on paper trails, and possibly understand how we may all be related.

1) Earliest known Whitman males in Russia / Sovient Union
1) Earliest known Whitman males in United States
2) Earliest known Whitman males in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales)
3) Earliest known Whitman males in Australia
4) Earliest known Whitman males in other countries yet have Russian origins

Please include date(s) and earliest known location in Country to the best of your knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:52:37 AM by whitmanAdmin » Logged
Kievelvul

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 02:53:13 PM »

I am looking for information about two of my Great Uncles, Kiev and Velvul Whitman. Their brother, Mordechi, was my Great Grandfather.  The story I have is that my Grandmother, Cipe, was a very young child when her parents died, and she was raised by her two uncles, Kiev and Velvul.  I know their names, as I was named Kievelvul when I was born.  I think that they were either from Galicia or South Eastern Poland.  My Grandmother was Galician,as she was born in Narol. 
Ken Maltz
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:58:19 PM by Kievelvul » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.