World Families Forums - My Crawford Family History.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 09:44:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  CRAWFORD (Moderator: Kevan Crawford)
| | | |-+  My Crawford Family History.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Crawford Family History.  (Read 1604 times)
Derek Reginald Crawford

« on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »

Just a few lines to describe my Crawford family history.

It begins with my own origins at Terrington St Clement in the county of Norfolk, England in 1958.  My father Leslie Maurice Crawford was born 1920 in the same village although his father Arthur William Crawford born 1891 came from Walsoken, Norfolk, which is near Wisbech, Cambridgeshire where his father William Crawford, born 1868, began life.  William’s father, Arthur Crawford had his birth at Upwell, Norfolk, in 1833.

We then come to two Thomas Crawfords: junior (father of Arthur Crawford above) who was born in 1787 in Denver, Norfolk and Thomas senior born 1760 who although marrying in Denver, hailed from Merton in Oxfordshire. Like his son Thomas, John Crawford born 1716 had as his birth place Merton too.  Lastly, I know that their grandfather and father, William Crawford was born circa 1671 in Marsh Gibbon, Oxfordshire.

Since 1977 I have been trying to find a Scottish ancestor in the male Crawford line, without success.  All that I managed to prove is my Englishness, although my Haplogroup – R1a1 suggests a Viking background.

Derek R Crawford.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:01:37 AM by DerekRCrawford » Logged

Derek R Crawford

AIGCrawford

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »

Dear Derek,

My Crawford ancestors hail from Norfolk, too - King's Lynn to be precise.  I believe it was quite an uncommon name there at the time, so perhaps we can share some family history?  My great x4 grandfather was born there in 1776, and his father (also James) was the Jailer, but I can't find his birth there.  Coincidentally, James the younger moved to Oxfordshire, where most of his children were born.  If you'd like to contact me, my email address is aigc88@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:47:12 PM by AIGCrawford » Logged
Derek Reginald Crawford

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »

Dear AIGCrawford

Thanks for the message.  Sorry that I have not replied sooner.

I too live in King’s Lynn now although as you can see form my family history, I am originally from Terrington St Clement.

Coincidentally my family originally came from Oxfordshire, although this was more in the 1600s rather than the 1700s.

I tried to email you but the message was returned.  If you wish to contact me, my address is-
derekcrawford119@yahoo.co.uk

Regards
Derek
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:27:01 AM by Derek Reginald Crawford » Logged

Derek R Crawford

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 18 queries.