World Families Forums - Patty Family

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Patty
| | | |-+  Patty Family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patty Family  (Read 1863 times)
Norman Laws

« on: June 08, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »

My name is Norman L. Laws. My grandmother, on my mother's side, was Ada Mae Patty.  Born May, 1903 in Tatum, Panola County, Texas. Her father was Robert Thomas Patty. My line is as follows;

Wanda Sue Cave - my mother and oldest daughter of Ada Mae Patty ( I am first born son ) Her sister and only sibling Elaine Cave

Ada's father - Robert Thomas Patty Sr. - mother Ella Metcalf Tatum, Panola County, Texas
Robert died 6 Aug. 1929, from throat cancer in Texas

Robert's parents - Zorobabel ( often spelled Zorable. Not to be confused with Zorable West ) Patty b aprox. 1828 in Laurens Co. SC wife - Sarah E. Lee Winston, Mississipi

Zorababel's parents - Charles Patty - wife Barbara Turner   South Carolina

Charles parents - Jesse Patty - wife Delilah Doss    South Carolina

Jesse was Born abt. 1744 in Brunswick Co., VA - Died
                     Nov 9, 1795 in Union Co., SC

Jesse's parents - James Patey - wife Sarah Clanton   Halifax County, Virginia
James born Abt. 1705 in Prince George Co, VA; died December 10, 1785 in Halifax Co, VA.

James Patey's father Edward Patey  was born Abt. 1677 in SC.

Edward Patey's father Edward Paty   was born March 09, 1657/58.  He married Elizabeth Gibbs.

Theophilus  Paty   was born November 12, 1632, and died 1685.  He married Elizabeth Baker

I have dates for births and deaths but will have to dig them out. Jesse was the first to drop the E in Patey and change it to a T = Patty
I was raised by my grandmother Ada Patty from birth. Was told that at the end of the Civil war Zorababel and Sarah sold their plantation in Winston, Miss., burned their Confederate money, and moved to Texas. They returned to Miss where Zorababel died. Upon his death Sarah and her daughter moved back to Texas. I have a photograph of Robert Thomas Patty, wife Ella Metcalf and all the children taken at the homestead in Tatum, Panola County, Texas dated 1914.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:17:02 PM by Norman Laws » Logged
Patty Team

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »

Norman,
Thank you for submitting your Patty predigree. To post your pedigree to our Patriarch Page, we will need to set it in the format as follows:

Pedigree for Norman Laws [your email address]
Theophilus Paty b. 12 Nov 1632, m. Elizabeth Baker
Edward Patey b. 09 March 1657/58 place?, m. Elizabeth Gibbs
Edward Patey b. 1677 SC, m. name?
James Patey b. 1705?, Prince George Co. VA, m. Sarah Clanton?
Jesse Patty? b. 1744? Brunswick Co. VA, m. Delilah Doss?
Charles Patty, b. when? and where?, m. Barbara Turner
Zorababel Patty b. 1828 Laurens Co. SC, m. Sarah E. Lee

Robert Thomas Patty Sr. b. when? and where?, m. Ella Metcalf
Their daughter Ada Mae Patty Cave; their daughter, Wanda Cave Laws

This pedigree is not complete enough to post "as is." We require more documentation to verify it, especially those names in blue text.
Do you have any more dates and places to add?
Regards,
Patty Team
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:31:18 AM by Patty Team » Logged

Sylvia.
Admin.
Sonny Patty

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »

Hello family,
My name is Jesse Lewis Patty,and am of the Arkansas Patty's. Josiah Patty is as far as I will go on my line. Not long ago I took A DNA test. It alarmed me at it's outcome. As most Patty researchers know. There were three brothers that were the sons of Sarah West. My line is that of Josiah Patty and Elizabeth Rooker. I'll give you my line.:1. Josiah Patty 2. Jesse James Patty 3. Jesse Asbury Patty 4. Jesse Neil Patty 5. Jesse Lewis Patty(Me). The results of the test show that I am not related to the  Va. Line.  I am looking hard at the results. I have a strong paper trail that shows Jesse James Patty is the son of Josiah. This lets me draw one conclusion. Josiah, must be the half brother of Obediah.
                                  Sonny (R1b1)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:09:02 PM by Sonny Patty » Logged
Patty Wooldridge

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »

Sonny, That story of Josiah, Zorobabel and Obediah Patty being sons of Sarah West and Jesse Patey has been debunked by record and DNA testing.  DNA testing shows that the descendant of Jesse Paty/Patey/Patty of Union County South Carolina a genetic distance of as much as 18 generations from the descendants of Obediah and Josiah.  Further, the apprentice record from Pittsylvania County Virginia, does not tie parentage of Sarah West's sons to Jesse Patey.  It is merely an apprentice record, no more no less.  In addition, there are numerous records of the three sons of Sarah West, still with the name of West, in subsequent records in Virginia.  Please help stop the proliferation of the erroneous information. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 19 queries.