World Families Forums - Cenel Eoghain Y-DNA project

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 05:18:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  Cenel Eoghain Y-DNA project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cenel Eoghain Y-DNA project  (Read 1473 times)
Miles Hispaniae

« on: November 04, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »

I have created the Cenel Eoghain Y-DNA project for those surnames associated with the Cenel Eoghain.

Ua Neill )O'Neill, (Mac Lochlainn) McLaughlin, ( Mac Bearáin) Barron's, ( Mac Seáin )McShane / Johnson, (Ó Domhailen) DEVLIN's, Mac Gilla Escoip (GILLESPIE, MacANASPIE, BISHOP), (Mac Íomhar) MacIVER, MacKEEVER, MacURE, ORR, ( Mac Ladhmann )CLEMENT, LAMOND, LYMON, MACLAMONT , (Mac Conmidhe) MacNAMEE, MacCONAMY, MacMEADH, (Mac Niall )Mac Niell, (Ua laithbertaigh) Laverty, Lafferty, (Ó Gairmleadhaigh )O'Gormley O'Patton, (O Luinigh) O'Loony, (Mac Cathmhaoil )Campell, Cadwell, MacCawell , ( Clann Cathmhaoil ) MacKeaghery, MacFetridge, Mac (Giolla Mhártain) Gillmarti , ( Maolgeimridh )Mulgemery,Montgomery , (Maolpadraig )Kilpatrick, O'Quinns, O'Mallons, Mulfaal, Mulfavil, MacFael, Mulfoyle or Mac Paul, O'Hamill ,O'Hosey, (Ó Cathain )O'Kane, O'Mullan, MacCloskey,O'Carolan, (Mac Ettigan) Mac Eitigen, Brannigan, Fee, Gillander, Crean.

The decendants of Anrothan O'Neill in Scotland , the MacNeil's of Barra, Lamont's , McSween's, MacEwen of Otter and Lachlan's.

Another goal is to Aquire the y-dna of the current chiefs of their respected clans associated with the Cenel Eoghain. To separate fact from ancient myth's.

Find possible foreign influences or NPE among the possible Cenel Eoghain descendants.

I would like those who join to have been tested for their SNP or are in the process of obtaining a SNP test.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/CenelEoghainy-dnaproject/default.aspx?section=yresults

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »

I have created the Cenel Eoghain Y-DNA project for those surnames associated with the Cenel Eoghain.

Ua Neill )O'Neill, (Mac Lochlainn) McLaughlin, ( Mac Bearáin) Barron's, ( Mac Seáin )McShane / Johnson, (Ó Domhailen) DEVLIN's, Mac Gilla Escoip (GILLESPIE, MacANASPIE, BISHOP), (Mac Íomhar) MacIVER, MacKEEVER, MacURE, ORR, ( Mac Ladhmann )CLEMENT, LAMOND, LYMON, MACLAMONT , (Mac Conmidhe) MacNAMEE, MacCONAMY, MacMEADH, (Mac Niall )Mac Niell, (Ua laithbertaigh) Laverty, Lafferty, (Ó Gairmleadhaigh )O'Gormley O'Patton, (O Luinigh) O'Loony, (Mac Cathmhaoil )Campell, Cadwell, MacCawell , ( Clann Cathmhaoil ) MacKeaghery, MacFetridge, Mac (Giolla Mhártain) Gillmarti , ( Maolgeimridh )Mulgemery,Montgomery , (Maolpadraig )Kilpatrick, O'Quinns, O'Mallons, Mulfaal, Mulfavil, MacFael, Mulfoyle or Mac Paul, O'Hamill ,O'Hosey, (Ó Cathain )O'Kane, O'Mullan, MacCloskey,O'Carolan, (Mac Ettigan) Mac Eitigen, Brannigan, Fee, Gillander, Crean.

The decendants of Anrothan O'Neill in Scotland , the MacNeil's of Barra, Lamont's , McSween's, MacEwen of Otter and Lachlan's.

Another goal is to Aquire the y-dna of the current chiefs of their respected clans associated with the Cenel Eoghain. To separate fact from ancient myth's.
Find possible foreign influences or NPE among the possible Cenel Eoghain descendants.
I would like those who join to have been tested for their SNP or are in the process of obtaining a SNP test.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/CenelEoghainy-dnaproject/default.aspx?section=yresults
Is there a prevailing deep clade for this group of surnames?  I can guess, but it could well be mixed.

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
Miles Hispaniae

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »

The project just started but the usual surnames and L21 , M222 but has more join we will see NPE among certain surnames ...

It is still early i hope the more people join the more we can unite more and more people within one group... Especially the O'Neill's and Mclaughlins, the Lamonts and Lachlin's etc...

I welcome all within the U106, L48, M222 , L21, Hg I1b etc.

R1b1b2a1b5b is and is will likely be dominant... but we must also see if can find those Cenel Eoghain surnames within the R1a1 and L48...

" the most formidable onslaught had come from Ireland under one powerful leader acting in co-operation with the Picts and Saxons."

- Roman Historian Claudian
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:20:51 PM by Miles Hispaniae » Logged
A.D.
Old Hand

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »

i'm adopted but my farther is supossed to be a Quinn 
i come from a small village in S.e. corner of Tyrone
 is it ok to jion your project at some stage
thnx and good luck
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 18 queries.