World Families Forums - E-M35 and Kilpatrick/Kirkpatrick/Calhoun/Calhoon/Colquhoun lineage link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2014, 07:40:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  E-M35 and Kilpatrick/Kirkpatrick/Calhoun/Calhoon/Colquhoun lineage link
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-M35 and Kilpatrick/Kirkpatrick/Calhoun/Calhoon/Colquhoun lineage link  (Read 1046 times)
rosskilpatrick1

« on: June 03, 2009, 05:11:32 AM »

I recently had my DNA tested and was found to be E1b1b1, which I have been advised is rare in the North and particularly the British Isles.
I am a Kilpatrick with last known paternal is at 6 generations a great great great grandfather being Samuel William Kilpatrick born 1780 at either Tillish County Down or Lisburn County Antrim Northern Ireland. A DNA match with another member of E1b1b1 reveals we match with a common ancestor at 9 generations which the other member concludes may be John Kirkpatrick born 1705 at Penpont Dumfrieshire Scotland.
My research shows Kilpatricks and Kirkpatricks often changed their names to either Kirk or Kil and that the name can be traced back to Humphrey de Kilpatrick he was granted lands at Closeburn Scotlandand a Clan Colquhoun developed.Members of the Clan comprise Colquhouns,Calhouns,Calhoons,Kirkpatricks and Kilpatricks.
As E1b1b1 is most prevalent in an area between Serbia,Kosovo to Bulgaria previously Thrace there is a real chance that a Thracian was a member of a Roman Army unit taken to Britain around 30 to 300 AD and his descendants are members of Clan Colquhoun.
Any one interested please contact me Ross Kilpatrick on killcavalry@netscape.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.