World Families Forums - Establishing the SRY2627+ hotspot

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 08:52:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  Establishing the SRY2627+ hotspot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Establishing the SRY2627+ hotspot  (Read 966 times)
Arch

« on: May 21, 2009, 04:53:13 AM »

I'm wondering if the recent study done on Pyreneean populations published later last year is enough to help find the origin or at least the hotspot for SRY2627. I've been researching the Val D'Aran region quite extensively, looking at the history, geography, languages, cultural traditions, etc. with often the studies spilling over into regions such as the Couseran (Haute Garonne), Ariege Massif, Luchon Valley, Venasque Valley, Val D'Cardos, Lleida Province, Toulouse, St Bertrand Comminges, St Gaudens, Mas D'Azil, Canigou Massif, Cerdanya, Alt Urgell, etc.

It's interesting the percentages are so high in the Val d'Aran (48%) whereas for several years we had been stuck at 22% in the Girona Province in NE Catalonia. Though the subclade could have mutated somewhere in the eastern regions of the Pyrenees, but looking at the geography of the land which has a greater impact on genetic diversity and distribution in comparison to linguistic barriers, it doesn't look like an easy trip from the east to reach the Val D'Aran. I would assume the north entrance into the only truly accessible point in this valley, however, the approach from the Val D'Isil via Montgarri wouldn't have been difficult going north from south. All other points appear to be difficult or at least not "migration friendly", but not to say impossible. I would assume Llavorsi and Sort would have higher frequencies of SRY 2627 than St  Beats.

Also looking at Celtiberian history and the Ilergetes. It would appear Salardu (possibly celtic from the word dunnum meaning fort) would be more influenced by the Celtiberian/Ilergete than Aquitanii even though the region apppears to be a sub tribe of the Convenae). Given the history of the Carthagians and Romans I wouldn't be surprised to see the valley used as a secret passage or flanking route. Noting Hannibal posting over 10,000 Celtiberians in the passes of the NE Pyrenees.

Arch
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.