World Families Forums - DAR Forgotten Patriots & Possible future DNA Q or C of Y-dna haplogroup

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2015, 05:49:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Sheets (Moderator: Paul Sheats)
| | | |-+  DAR Forgotten Patriots & Possible future DNA Q or C of Y-dna haplogroup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAR Forgotten Patriots & Possible future DNA Q or C of Y-dna haplogroup  (Read 69 times)

« on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »

I was performing some research when I came across an unknown (to me at least) I hope it can help someone in the future re: Sheets w(/alt spellings), within
"The second edition of Forgotten Patriots(2008) identifies over 6,600 names of African Americans and American Indians who contributed to American Independence" located at the DAR website
and direct link to pdf file

It written within the pdf document, it states under Connecticut on page:288 "QUACHEATS/COCHEITS/SHEETS/CHEETS, ISAAC, Indian, CCHS, CTM, Groton"

So, understanding Y-DNA any one tested displaying a Q, C, Haplogroup might be the descendent of Indian/Native American  Rev. Patriot Issac Sheets of Groton, Conn. USA.

Additional records researched states his birthdate is 1750, he served in the 3rd regiment of CT., USA. 3 towns are referred to Groton, Stonington, and Mansfield CT.  His unit was active 1 Jan. 1777 and Issac Mustered out Nov 1777.

Muster roll (Source Information U.S., Revolutionary War Rolls, 1775-1783 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Operations, Inc., 2007.
Original data:
Revolutionary War Rolls, 1775-1783; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M246, 138 rolls); War Department Collection of Revolutionary War Records, Record Group 93; National Archives, Washington. D.C.)

CCHS Collections of the Connecticut Historical Society, Volume VIII & Volume XII. Hartford:
Connecticut Historical Society, 1901 and 1909. Volume VIII reprinted as: Rolls and Lists of
Connecticut Men in the Revolution, 1775‐1783 (Collections of the Connecticut Historical Society, v.VIII). Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1995. Volume XII reprinted as: Supplement to the Record of Connecticut Men…During the War of the Revolution, 1776‐1783, Volume II: Lists and Returns of Connecticut Men in the Revolution, 1775‐1783. Baltimore: Clearfield Company, Inc., 1997.

CTM Henry P. Johnston, ed. The Record of Connecticut Men in the Military and Naval Service during the War of the Revolution 1775‐1783. Hartford: Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co., 1889.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:13:57 PM by Jtel09 » Logged

MtDna Haplogroup H1c15
Mitrosearch: AZR6F
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.