World Families Forums - R1b1b2 with M207

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 06:05:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  R1b1b2 with M207
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R1b1b2 with M207  (Read 640 times)
joebissett

« on: May 23, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »

Hi Folks,

I am researching for my half brother, whose 37 Marker FTDNA test is posted there and on Ancestry.com.  His father was Peter Everett JOHNSTON.  I believe I have found him in the 1920 and 1930 census.  If I am correct, his parents were born in Ireland, which seems to fit.

Sadly, my brother has no JOHNSTON matches as yet, with the closest match a distance 3 to a different surname - PEARSON.

Cliff JOHNSTON suggested that I post here and ask for comments and help, but without any "close" matches, I'm not sure what anyone can provide.

However, since I'm totally new to the DNA side of genealogy, anything that anyone feels might be pertinent will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,  Joe Bissett
Rootsweb Administrator: PIGGOTT, KERSLAKE, CUMMISKEY
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »

Joe,

Do you have a YSearch ID for him? That would make it a lot easier for us to try to help.

If he doesn't have a YSearch entry yet, he or you (if you have access to his FTDNA pages) can create one very easily by clicking on the link on his Y-DNA Matches page that reads, "Click here to upload to Ysearch.org".

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.