World Families Forums - DNA test kit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 14, 2014, 07:12:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DNA test kit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DNA test kit  (Read 996 times)
wallace

« on: March 03, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »

I paid for my test kit 9 days ago, when can I expect to receive the kit??
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:39:37 AM »

FTDNA typically sends out test kits the next business day and the postal service is usually prompt in delivering the kit.  Most kits will arrive within a week, but there are many reasons they could be delayed for a few days - particularly during times of bad weather.  Wher eyou live can also affect time to deliver.  I'd allow at least 2 weeks for international orders.

You should have received a confirming email that acknowledged your order.  If you didn't get this email, your order probably wasn't consumated and you should immediately check with FTDNA.   

If you received the email acknowledgement, then your order was placed.  I would wait at least a week before asking FTDNA about the kit's arrival.  (which you have done)   FTDNA will almost certainly confirm that they shipped your kit, so their only recourse is to ask you to wait a few more days to see if it arrives - or to put a second kit into the mail to you.

I would guess that there is a good chance that your kit either arrived in yesterday's mail - or will come today.  Checking with FTDNA today, after your mail delivery (if the kit still isn't there) is reasonable.

Hope this helps.  Terry
wallace

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »

Thanks Terry.  Kit arrived today. Postperson put it in the wrong box.

Wally
wallace

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »

Received 12 marker results , when will these show on the Snow project page? I see one person there that matches me 11?12 how do I contact this person??
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 17 queries.