World Families Forums - French P312+: Amazement!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 10:58:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  French P312+: Amazement!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: French P312+: Amazement!  (Read 3298 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 01:19:03 PM »

. . .

Interestingly, Thomas Krahn now has a split on his working draft (http://www.dna-fingerprint.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=21&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) . . .

Whoa, Nelly!

It's been awhile since I looked at that working draft, and it sure has changed!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:19:24 PM by rms2 » Logged

Jafety R1b-U152

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »

Now as I see you are lacking Continental info:
I am from Hungary, R1b U152+ (further markers unknown).
My earliest known paternal relative was named Fejer, 1819, Jaszarokszallas (Central Hungary). As we should be Alpine Celts, two possible origins are there:
1. The Celtic tribe Cottini inhabited the Carpathian Basin in the Roman era. My ancestors then were "Hungarized" by the incoming steppe Avars/Magyars in the early middle ages.
2. My ancestors lived in Southern Germany as many La Tene Celts did and then were "germanized" by the Allemanni tribe. After 1000 AD, but especially in the 18th century many Swabians were settled in Hungary, so they could come as well. However, this version is less likely as Swabians are very "pro-traditional" people, so they are unlikely to forgot their ancestry and there was no Swabian tradition in our family.

I still think that U-152 Celtic vs. U-106 German divison is real. This does not contradict the fact that both are to be find all over Europe, as Celtic are reached from Ireland to Galatia (Turkey) and from Portugal to Western Ukraine. Germans again migrated from Sweden down to Ukraine (Goths) and to Spain, as well as into Britain and to Ireland from there. Goths also raided Grecce, Italy etc.
But the concentration, the linguistic facts and pre-historic + historic migrations seem to strengthen the Celtic vs. German split.

I think Roman soldiers can not be followed by genes, as
1. they came from numerous ethnic groups
2. Even Italian (Latium) gene pool was likely mixed in early Roman times (R1b, J2, G, I, E-M78)
3. Settling soldiers made little inpact on the whole population as they did not exterminate the local population - whereas tribal (Celtic, Germanic) wars had such nature (see Rwanda, Bosnia even today)

Y-DNA: R1b1b2a1b4 (S28/U-152) L2 test pending
Earliest known paternal ancestor: Matthias Fejer, b. 1819, Jaszarokszallas, Jasz county, Central Hungary
MtDNA: U4 (Western Siberian Ugric)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.