World Families Forums - Discussion of project and results

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 11:17:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Reading (Moderator: Aggi-Rose Reddin)
| | | |-+  Discussion of project and results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussion of project and results  (Read 888 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: February 06, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »

Please post your comments and questions, and share your information on this discussion thread.
Aggi-Rose Reddin

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »

We are starting to see some interesting results now!

With only 14 relevant yDNA members [2 members have maternal connections only], we have 7 distinct origins!

We've discovered my own line is the only one so far which matches to the Roden variant of the surname.

We have one member who most closely connects with O'Donahues. Although Reddin is not recognized as a sept of that clan, this opens that as a possibility.

Another member connects strongly to the O'Neills, possibly confirming a tradition in some [other] Reddins that it is a sept of the O'Neills.

Three of our members have confirmed their own relationship, while 2 others have been "welcomed into the fold" as a result of their apparent blood ties.

We perhaps have 2 other members who had previously not known of a relationship - that group might consider upgrading in order to clarify that.

And in my own case again, I am now able to forget the long handle FTDNA gives me and simply use L-21* as my deep clade testing confirms my ancestor belongs to that clade [being positive for the L-21 SNP but nothing further downstream]. Others may want to consider ordering the deep clade testing now that the Walk Through the Y [WTY] projects are showing more SNPs.

So lots happening and I hope everyone is learning lots about their early origins!

Please encourage any Reddin/en/ans, Reddings, Readings, Roden/ans  or anyone else with a variant name to get onboard!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.